propecia for sale

The Parish

The first record of Catholics in Carey was a baptism in 1853.  By 1864 two families and five individuals comprised its congregation, which became of mission of St. Michael’s-Findlay in 1867.

Parish was established in 1875.

Also in 1875, the first procession was formed with the new statue from Luxemburg.

Our school was formed in 1877.

The Original Shrine Church was moved to its current location in 1901.

Conventual Franciscan Friars arrived in 1912.

The Basilica of Our Lady of Consolation, completed in 1921, was dedicated in 1925.

Today the parish is made up of nearly 1,200 families and the shrine continues to welcome thousands of pilgrims each year, especially during the Assumption Novena in August.  We are proud of our thirty-acre park with our memorial altar, stations of the cross and marble statues.  On our campus we also have the Original Shrine Church, Shrine Cafeteria, Gift Shop, Friary, Office Building, TEC Hall, Retreat House and our Parish School.  Visitors have left behind countless crutches, stretchers, and casts as testimonies of their healings that have taken place here for over 130 years.  For more information on the shrine, please visit www.olcshrine.com.